Welcome to the website of Composite Regional Centre, Srinagar. CRC Srinagar website can be accessed at www.crcsrinagar.com and www.crcsrinagar.org.
Composite Regional Centre, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, has been established for the Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities of Jammu & Kashmir State, by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, under the Persons with Disabilities Act (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and full participation ) in the Year 2000, at Bemina, Bye-Pass, Srinagar, with following main Objectives.
– Human Resource Development by Training Rehabilitation Professionals, Village Level Workers, Multi Rehabilitation Workers and other Functionaries in Government and Non-Government Sectors.
– To Serve as Resource Centre for Rehabilitation and Special Education of Persons with Disabilities.
– To Establish Linkages with Existing Medical, Educational and Employment Services Following the Principles of Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) and offer Extension Services in the Rural Area.
– To Stimulate Growth of Services by encouraging and supporting Volunteer Organizations, Parent Groups and Self Help Groups.
– To develop Strategies for delivery of Rehabilitation Services Suitable to the Socio-Cultural background of the region.
– To Provide Rehabilitation Services to Persons with Disabilities and to Undertake Designing Fabrication and Fitment of Aids and Appliances.
– To Undertake Research and Development with Special reference to needs of diverse groups of People with Disabilities, keeping in view the nature and Severity of Disability in the Region.
– To Undertake Public Education Programmes for the Creation of Awareness in the Parent and the Community.
– To Undertake Designing, Fabrication and Fitment of Aids and Appliances.
– To Undertake Services of Education and Skill Development Leading to Enhancement of Opportunities for employment , Rehabilitation , Mobility, Communications ,Recreation and Integration in Society
The Institution is providing Composite Clinical/Rehabilitation/Out-reach Camp services to the Disabled population of Jammu & Kashmir including the far-flung areas and border areas, etc. This Institution also provides Comprehensive Clinical Services like Speech therapy, Occupational therapy, Physiotherapy, and Special Education for Mentally Retarded, Visually Impaired, and Hearing Impaired, besides providing Orthosis & Prosthesis, Mobility Aids and Hearing Aids, Vocational Guidance & Counseling in this region of the Country.